Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Unity Stamp Company Challenge

Unity Stamp Company has a new monthly challenge.  It starts on the 15th of each month.  I am just now posting my first effort.  This month was hearts.  Which is appropriate since the challenge started on February 15th. 
I also used the Hip Hop Sketch #46 for the layout.  In the past I knew what I wanted to make when I found the time to do it.  Now that I have more time to go into the craft room I am finding I need the inspiration. 


The stamps are from Unity's KOM.  I love Unity's KOM.  It's the only monthly kit club I have ever joined.  I have never been impressed with the scrapbooking paper and embellishment KOMs most companies put out,  paper and color choice seems to personal to me, I was always afraid I wouldn't use enough of it to make it worthwhile.   But let me tell you, this Kit of the Month is a bargain for 26.00 I get a 8x11 sheet of big red deeply etched rubber love.  That's about what I would pay for a small set of 4-6 stamps from that home party stamp company March's KOM has 22 stamps.

I like the stamps vary in style, and design each month and include sentiments my options at the local craft stores even the big box ones are limited.   I have noticed that certain stamps from different months do go well together.  They are unmounted and used with an acrylic block like clear stamps, but the impression the red rubber makes is much better than when I used clear acrylic stamps.   

No comments:

Post a Comment